Under the Weather
I’ve been feeling under the weather for the last several days. I thought I was getting strep, but then my throat cleared up and I’ve just been feeling nasty in general.Wish this guy was around to take care of me again…
And this time, I’d be sure to slap on some perfume and maybe a layer of make-up or twelve.
I’ve slept for approximately fifty-two of the last forty-eight hours. I know it seems un-possible, but I assure you it’s not. It’s a simple matter of finding a glitch in the space-time continuum and then, upon discovery, falling asleep in said glitch.
Now, I would like to point out several things related to my current state of infirmity:
--Fact: I went for a run/walk (mostly walk) on Monday night in an effort to start building up to something resembling a distance run.
--Fact: My silly friends keep running races and I’ve started feeling bad about myself, so I thought I’d give it a shot.
--Question: Was I ill before running? Answer: No, I was not.
--Question: Was I ill after running? Answer: Indeed, I was.
--Conclusion: Running caused my illness. Along with my friends who made me feel bad about myself in the first place.
I think these so-called friends owe me an apology. I accept apologies in the form of chicken noodle soup, gift cards to Banana Republic, and ice cream. My throat is still burning a bit, after all.
I’m sad that I have to give up running (due to the strain it’s putting on my otherwise good health, Dr.’s orders, I swear) because I just bought an arm-band running thingy so that I can listen to the tunes on my iPod whilst in motion. It was purchased with the hope that it would make me look legit to the other running folk. Now if I could just manage not to stop every 15 feet for a “breather,” I’d really be believable. But I’m halfway to legit with the music armband, so that’s something.

I fully agree with you that running caused your illness. I do not recommend it. Also, that armband does make you look legit. Here's what you do: When you start walking for your "breather" just put your arms over your head or on your hips. That way all of the passersby will think that you just finished a super long run and are cooling down. Umm, I've never tried this technique...
ReplyDeleteAlso, it's totally believable that you slept 52 of the last 48 hours -- just ask Lost.
1. Fact: armbands make you look legit, as do new running clothes.
ReplyDelete2. Fact: Running does in fact cause illnesses of all sorts, including the bird flu, SARS and malaria.
3. Fact: Bears might attack you while you are running, but which is the best bear?
My apology -- I am one of those people who's running a race -- comes to you in the form of mad props for using one of my favorite archaic terms. Way to go with the "whilst"!
ReplyDeleteLet me just say that you are more of a woman than I because everybody around me runs marathons and I am standing steady, holding out, I will NOT cave to the pressures of being a runner!
ReplyDeleteFact: A coyote attacked a lady in Allen "whilst" she was running so I really see no need in becoming one if my life is in danger. (and now, my fear of wolves doesn't seem so dumb after all..............)
BTW, I still can't figure out how to post something where it shows my name so I am just Anonymous (Whitney)