
It was my friend Alecia's birthday last week and we had a party for her at my house. We celebrated her birthday by giving her a football field worth of licorice and some questionable Twilight garb (it's a book/movie about vampires...it just sounded too unsavory not to explain). And to answer your question: yes, we're a little strange and possibly immature.




Pictured above: Giant tube of licorice.

Pictured above: Cheesy Twilight tote bag
I'm in Arkansas this week visiting my family because I get a Spring Break with my job. It goes along with the immaturity. My family likes for me to visit them when I get a break, so I paid the $9578 to fly in to the Fort Smith airport to see them. I'm not sure the cost/benefit ratio is paying off for either party. Especially because my grandmother-
MeeMaw- forced me to give her a pedicure this morning while I was visiting her.

Here she is,
pre-
pedi. I know it doesn't look like she'd resort to the use of deadly force to get what she wants, but you'll just have to take my word for it.
And for good measure, this is my PawPaw and Heather:

On the benefit side of things our
sno-cone stop, Snow-To-Go, recently opened for the humid season and I was able to get a 1/2 Wild Cherry, 1/2
Dreamsicle sno-cone this week. Trust me, if you've never had a
sno-cone from Snow-To-Go, you've never had a
sno-cone.


And I also found the largest potato chip known to man while home this
week. It is pictured below by a deck of cards. I challenge you to find a larger potato chip, whole and unadulterated.

So I guess when you think about it, it really was worth the $9578 it costs to fly here.
Because I like lists, here ya go.
ReplyDelete1. Thanks for the wonderful party. I've watched Twilight three times since you've been gone. That equals once per day.
2. I think it's so sawesome that you gave MeeMaw a pedi.
3. I'm SO glad that you got to have Snow-To-Go. Please bring some back for us. I'm sure it would travel well in a properly insulated casing.
4. I wish you were here so we could watch Chron-ic-what-cles of Narnia and eat potato soup.
I love lists, too, and who am I to go against the grain?
ReplyDelete1. I daresay that potato chip will never be beaten.
2. I can't wait to get my sno-cone when I am in the Fort over Easter.
3. I think I would get a tote that said, "Stupid shiny Volvo." For those in the know, totally cool; for those not in the know, it just looks like I'm raging against all those professor-types and their cars.
4. Say hi to the fam for me!!
Well, list or no list..it doesn't matter to me, but in an effort to not be an outcast (haha)here goes:
ReplyDelete1.)WOW! What an awesome party! You guys really know how to throw one!
2.)Are those table skirts from the church? (GABC...JK)
3.)I am dying to see Twilight
4.)Feet are gross, and I have to force myself to do my own. No matter how much I love my g-maw....just couldn't do it.
5.) WOW!! $9578!!! You must really love your family!
6.)I hope you have a blast while in the Fort, and safe travels back.
I don't have time for lists...but I wanted to say I am TERRIBLY jealous of the sno-to-go. I can smell, taste and see it in my dreams.
ReplyDeleteAJL
1. I LOVE Sno-to-go. I had a wild cherry the other day.
ReplyDelete2. I too do not like feet. I hope my future husband (whoever he may be) does not make me rub them for him.
3. That potato chip is HUGE. There will never be another like it!!
4. I'm glad you are here in the fort!!
5. Duke is getting whopped. Looks like my bracket is messed up (like usual).
I'm not making a list. I love the pic of Mee-Maw though. Please have her come visit and we will all go to a professional place to get our toes done. If I have any toenails left after this running season is over.
ReplyDeleteMiss you!
I don't think I've ever had the pleasure of partaking in Snow to Go. Myself, I was a loyal customer of the snow cone place across from Jerry Neel's BBQ at the corner of Phoenix and Jenny Lind. Now that's a great snow cone!
ReplyDeleteLadies--thank you for all of the lists and entertainment!
ReplyDeleteTerri--They are one and the same!!! That's where Snow-To-Go used to be and now it's in the StoneWood Village parking lot!