Flight of the Felix

* Update: Sorry if you already read this, I thought of a better title!

You'll never guess what I saw when I walked into my home visit yesterday.

This...

...which was all well and good because this giant embodiment of all my fears was caged. And, being the bird aficionado that I am, I knew her wings were clipped. So I kept it together.

Until I heard there were FOUR birds in the house, along with a variety of reptiles (but those are beside the point).

My inner turmoil quickly became outer turmoil when the owner decided to grab "The Embodiment of All My Fears Part Deux," or "Felix" as he's known to the family, out of his cage and hold him, caress him, and let him do this...

...approximately seven inches from my face.

This is roughly the point where my professionalism gave way to my phobia and I politely told the family that their "pet" had just elicited the "fight or flight" response of my Peripheral Nervous System and I would be utilizing the "flight" portion of that particular physiological response unless they put that thing back in its cage immediately.

I believe I said "It's me or the bird."

My question is, do these things happen to other people? Sheesh!

Comments

  1. Consider it a complete success since you managed to suppress the urge to yell authoritatively, "Die, Bird, Die!!"
    Job well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do not believe so...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, first of all, I do not appreciate being bullied into looking at your blog, but I have succumbed to the pressure, thank you very much. Next, I would like to address that these type of things do not happen to other people. I think the Lord is trying to tell you that you need to face your fears. Next time you come here, I'm locking you in the chicken coop. It's part of your therapy. he, he. Your blog is pretty cute regardless, and I might return again...on my own terms next time. :) By the way, a birth mom is looking at our letter pretty much right now while I'm typing this to you! Ahhh! Love ya - Steph

    ReplyDelete
  4. My grandmother had a big phobia of birds much like yours. The beach freaked her out b/c of the birds. You could use my mom's excuse to stay away from birdies...just say you are extremely allergic.
    ps Do you remember Owlfred?

    ReplyDelete
  5. This takes the cake or the cracker whichever this "Polly" likes best. Wish I could have seen you. Monday is not far away. Your ever loving MeeMaw

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ K, thank you. I also thought it was a success.

    @ Becca, good to know. Thanks.

    @ Steph, this blog only wants people who want to be here. And on a softer note, I'm SO praying for you guys right now.

    @ Kim, good thinking. Please don't ever bring up Owlfred again. We were (are?) such dorks!

    @ MeeMaw, good one! Haha.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting my blog!

Popular Posts