Tribute Tuesday

I like alliteration. Always have. It’s my favorite poetic device of all the poetic devices, which is why I’ve entitled this post “Tribute Tuesday” and not “Shout-Out Tuesday.” Because there is no alliteration in “Shout-Out Tuesday.” There may be some assonance, though. I never really got that one.
Today, I would like to pay tribute to the U. S. postal worker who got me in and out of the downtown post office with efficiency, haste, and my dignity intact this afternoon. You might recall that last month, my appraisal of the post office and its workers was not so kind. But this man, this John Q. Postal Man, has restored my faith in the United States Postal System for at least one month. Until I have to go back and face Gollum. But I hear the postal service isn’t going to be around much longer than that anyhow. I’ll probably have to Pony Express my rent over to my landlord next month. Because if the postal system goes, it all goes, I’m sure.
I am back in Colorado now, after a wonderful Spring Break. One of my readers mentioned that his feelings were hurt because I didn’t mention him in my Spring Break highlights in the last post-- highlights that consisted of a sno-cone and a giant potato chip. So, not highlights, really. Regardless, I thought I’d mention a few of the other bright spots from my week—
1. Eating at George’s (best hamburger ever) with Trey P. Trey, you are the child’s spaghetti plate to my double cheeseburger.
2. Getting to see Trey at church on Sunday morning, monitoring the halls. What a deacon!
3. Being in the same town as Trey for an entire week.
4. Seeing Brandon Heath and Third Day with my mama. Trey was not there, but I looked for him.
What’s your favorite memory of Trey??

Oh seriously? We have to talk about Trey? Can we talk about something else? :) HA!!!
ReplyDeleteI don't know if I do have a favorite story or antidote about TP. Sorry!!!
I'm distracted...my favorite movie is on!!
Okay, so I don't so much have one favorite memory as a list of favorite things to say about Trey:
ReplyDelete1. Trey gives fantastic hugs.
2. Trey gets to do what he loves and he lives in my hometown (where life's worth living!) and he is surrounded by family and friends (I'm a little jealous!)
3. Trey is a great hall monitor (and deacon!).
4. I've known Trey since our parents played on the same church league volleyball team (Go Astros!), and we grew up at Grand together, so instead of one memory, it's like a mosaic of memories of how we grew up together and how our lives and the lives of our friends all intersected and became intertwined (church camp, SonPower, Iowa, I could go on. . . but I won't).
5. I also like that Trey reads my blog and says nice things about it (this one's kind of selfish).
My favorite memory of Trey has to be when we were in Iowa. He thought it would be a good idea to unscrew the lid off of the salt at some pizza place. Had Trey known the fury that was upon him I doubt he would have made the decision to trick John Langham. Mindy gave him that stern look we all know so well, and within minutes he was crying. That's right, Trey cried.
ReplyDelete-Heather
WOW..... Not only did I make Micah's blog,,,, I made the comments as well!!!!! Micah you crack me up..... I literally died laughing and Jordan looked at me like I was crazy. Always a fun time at George's.
ReplyDeleteK Ferg- you are mean....haha....j/k
K- you live in my favorite city!!!! I miss you- you coming home for Easter?
Heather- YES I CRIED! Your mother was mean to me and I was in the 7th grade!!!!!!
Thanks all!!! Micah it could be called Tribute to Tuesday and Trey....ha
But you know, I do have a picture of Trey in my Bible. It was taken when we went to Six Flags for a concert...remember that Micah??
ReplyDeleteWhat I meant was that I can't think of a favorite memory or anything of Trey because I've known him so long...there are too many memories and they all are good!! I'll say this though, and this might top them all...my dad loved Trey. I don't know if you ever knew that, Trey, but he did. He never had a son and I do believe I remember him saying one time that if he ever had a son he wanted him to be like Trey. :)
I never knew that but feel honored he felt that way!
ReplyDelete