When the Crazy Takes Over

I woke up Saturday morning with an overwhelming need to clean and organize absolutely everything I could think of. For some reason, it became imperative that everything in sight (and possibly out of sight under my bed) be put in some sort of tub or bin or case in an extremely organized fashion.

Sometimes the crazy just takes over like this and I just go with it because I'm not sure what would happen if I resisted, but I'm pretty sure it would involve a straitjacket and possibly a 72-hour hold with a Thorazine drip.

It all started when I went to purchase my new damask dishes from Hobby Lobby. My loving parents got me a gift card to buy these dishes for my birthday and obviously I had to wait until the Lobby had them 50% off. So I went to buy them on Friday, knowing full-well that I have no room in my cupboards for new dishes.

Naturally, I had to make some storage arrangements for the new, beautiful dishes. I think this is where the crazy really took root and it became a compulsion for me to organize not only my new dishes, but also all of the note cards I've ever owned, and all of my writing utensils, and all of my unused hangers...I think you get the picture.

Here are my new dishes. They only had enough for eight place settings in stock, so I can have exactly seven of you over for dinner some night. However, only six of you can have salad because there were only six bowls available for purchase. Aren't they the prettiest dishes ever?


Anyway, I think I've got the crazy pretty much under control now. I haven't organized my playing cards into color and number order yet, so that's something. I'm not promising I won't, though. You never know...

Comments

  1. I like the dishes...maybe someday I'll actually get to come visit and eat off of them. I've heard you throw quite the dinner party.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And you've inspired me to make a new blog entry...coming soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I DO love the dishes! They say "personality" and "I want to date this girl"!
    : ) (...that one's for you Micah.) Love ya'!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aha, The latent neat freak emerges! I knew it was bound to come out sooner or later.>>>The dishes are lovely and will be given their due elegance when a table is set by you, my love. MeeMaw

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the dishes! They are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting my blog!

Popular Posts