Funny Faces and Feet

One of my former co-workers hosted a party last night for about fifty of her closest girlfriends. It was a beautiful event and one of the highlights was the caricaturist she hired for the evening. Now, I've never had a caricature done because, let's face it, Mike Cauthron was not going to pay good money to have someone draw a silly picture of me when I was a child. And now that I'm an adult, I'm sure as heck not going to pay anyone to highlight my flaws. But I'll do anything that's free.

The funniest part of the evening was that some of these women walked around the party musing that their caricature looked nothing like them. I'm here to tell you those women needed a good dose of self-awareness because their portraits looked exactly like them. Thus, as much as I would like to believe the caricature below looks nothing like me, that level of denial would just be absurd. So, I'm forced to accept that this does, in fact, resemble me. Except for that tiny little neck. Not sure where he got that.

I'm not sure if he was going for awkwardly shy, devilishly crafty, or slightly nauseated, but I do know that the fact that this man drew this picture of me in less than three minutes is amazing.

Tonight I went for a run and here is the result of that:


I think it's finally time to just let go of that pedicure and trim my toenails. Otherwise, I'll be out of socks pretty quickly.

That's all I have for now. Tomorrow is Friday, so you should probably get excited about that. I know I am. Lame foot and all.

Comments

  1. I just laughed out loud at the fact that you actually posted a picture of your bloody toe. It's so much more impressive than I had imagined in my head. You are totally hardcore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are looking a little crafty in that photo. Or perhaps shifty. Or perhaps you are sneaking a glance at a cute boy out of the corner of your eye?

    That bloody sock is hardcore! I am way impressed.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting my blog!

Popular Posts