Hopefully This Is Endearing...
I’ve been tagged on Facebook to do this several times, so I thought I’d post them here just in case you want to know 25 random facts about me that you may or may not already know. I probably could have written one hundred because I love for people to know silly things about me.
1. I am terrified of birds. Dead or alive- it does not matter. I have had more than my fair share of horrifying bird experiences and my earliest memory of being afraid of a bird was in fourth grade.
2. I love dishes. My cabinets are overflowing with too many plates because when I see pretty dishes I get a longing to buy them. I blame my mother.
3. I have a very delicate gag reflex. I don’t gag at things that look or smell gross. I just gag when my toothbrush is in the vicinity of my tongue.
4. I love anything having to do with Disney’s “Cinderella.” I have two prints from the movie hanging in my room and have shelves full of collectibles at my parents’ home.
5. In 9th grade I got to go to New York and dance (with millions of other girls) in the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade. I fell asleep during the finale of the Radio City Music Hall Christmas Spectacular. My best friend had to describe it to me so that my mom wouldn’t know. She said it was the most amazing thing she’d ever seen. Sad.
6. I have an irrational fear that I will lose my passport-- even when I’m not carrying it and know, with certainty, that it’s safely tucked under my bed. In a plastic bag. In a locked case. Sometimes I pull it out, just to make sure.
7. I cannot stand for trash to be on a table where I’m dining. I have to wad up straw papers and empty sugar packets and hide them behind something so that I won’t mentally throw them away for the entire meal.
8. I was blonde as a child and into my adolescent years and I couldn’t give it up when my hair started turning dark, so I colored my hair blonde for about 10 years. I have been brunette for five years and people still ask me when I changed my hair. I want to be blonde again but I’m afraid it would cause too much confusion.
9. Pretty much all it takes to make me happy is an ICEE—cherry and coke mixed. Sometimes I go to Target for the sole purpose of purchasing one. Their machines are always broken, but hope springs eternal.
10. I never thought I’d live outside of Arkansas unless forced by some family obligation.
11. One of my favorite sounds in the world is the little production company song that comes on just before a movie. I always hum along. Twentieth Century Fox, Paramount, Universal, Touchstone. Love them all.
12. I’m unnaturally proud of my friends’ kids. I guess it’s because I don’t have my own. But I just think everything they do is amazing.
13. I am always a chameleon on personality tests. I like to think it’s because I can’t be categorized, but deep down I know that it’s because I have difficulty making decisions.
14. I am obsessed with justice and things being fair. It gets me and my tender heart in trouble sometimes.
15. I’m pretty sure I’ve never seen a movie where I didn’t at least tear up. Once in college, my boyfriend asked me if we needed to leave a movie because I was crying so hard.
16. If something has monochromatic polka dots on it, you can bet that I will purchase it. If they are multicolored, you can bet that I will not.
17. I love musicals. All of them. I think it takes a person who doesn’t mind some degree of cheesiness to appreciate a good musical. And heaven knows I’m cheesy.
18. I can fall asleep almost anywhere at almost anytime (see # 5). My parents used to have to carry me all kinds of places because I was asleep.
19. The church I grew up in has a huge circular stained-glass window picturing Jesus on the road to Calvary at the front. I’ve always imagined that when I walk down the aisle to my groom, I’ll look first at this window and thank Christ for being the bridegroom of the Church. Then I’ll look at my groom and thank God for providing an earthly groom.
20. I have a heart for missions, but have never felt called to go anywhere long-term. It kind of bothers me.
21. I hate steak but will eat a piece of bologna with no problem, which makes me a cheap date, I guess. Bright side, people.
22. I didn’t know how to harmonize until I was about 17 years old and now I rarely sing the melody to anything. Maybe God is preparing me to sing with the Gaithers.
23. I buy kids shoes because I have unreasonably small feet. I’m moderately certain it’s why I fall down a lot. There’s just not enough there to balance me.
24. I like to do things that people don’t expect of me. Must be why I got my nose pierced at the age of 27.
25. There is no shame in my game.
1. I am terrified of birds. Dead or alive- it does not matter. I have had more than my fair share of horrifying bird experiences and my earliest memory of being afraid of a bird was in fourth grade.
2. I love dishes. My cabinets are overflowing with too many plates because when I see pretty dishes I get a longing to buy them. I blame my mother.
3. I have a very delicate gag reflex. I don’t gag at things that look or smell gross. I just gag when my toothbrush is in the vicinity of my tongue.
4. I love anything having to do with Disney’s “Cinderella.” I have two prints from the movie hanging in my room and have shelves full of collectibles at my parents’ home.
5. In 9th grade I got to go to New York and dance (with millions of other girls) in the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade. I fell asleep during the finale of the Radio City Music Hall Christmas Spectacular. My best friend had to describe it to me so that my mom wouldn’t know. She said it was the most amazing thing she’d ever seen. Sad.
6. I have an irrational fear that I will lose my passport-- even when I’m not carrying it and know, with certainty, that it’s safely tucked under my bed. In a plastic bag. In a locked case. Sometimes I pull it out, just to make sure.
7. I cannot stand for trash to be on a table where I’m dining. I have to wad up straw papers and empty sugar packets and hide them behind something so that I won’t mentally throw them away for the entire meal.
8. I was blonde as a child and into my adolescent years and I couldn’t give it up when my hair started turning dark, so I colored my hair blonde for about 10 years. I have been brunette for five years and people still ask me when I changed my hair. I want to be blonde again but I’m afraid it would cause too much confusion.
9. Pretty much all it takes to make me happy is an ICEE—cherry and coke mixed. Sometimes I go to Target for the sole purpose of purchasing one. Their machines are always broken, but hope springs eternal.
10. I never thought I’d live outside of Arkansas unless forced by some family obligation.
11. One of my favorite sounds in the world is the little production company song that comes on just before a movie. I always hum along. Twentieth Century Fox, Paramount, Universal, Touchstone. Love them all.
12. I’m unnaturally proud of my friends’ kids. I guess it’s because I don’t have my own. But I just think everything they do is amazing.
13. I am always a chameleon on personality tests. I like to think it’s because I can’t be categorized, but deep down I know that it’s because I have difficulty making decisions.
14. I am obsessed with justice and things being fair. It gets me and my tender heart in trouble sometimes.
15. I’m pretty sure I’ve never seen a movie where I didn’t at least tear up. Once in college, my boyfriend asked me if we needed to leave a movie because I was crying so hard.
16. If something has monochromatic polka dots on it, you can bet that I will purchase it. If they are multicolored, you can bet that I will not.
17. I love musicals. All of them. I think it takes a person who doesn’t mind some degree of cheesiness to appreciate a good musical. And heaven knows I’m cheesy.
18. I can fall asleep almost anywhere at almost anytime (see # 5). My parents used to have to carry me all kinds of places because I was asleep.
19. The church I grew up in has a huge circular stained-glass window picturing Jesus on the road to Calvary at the front. I’ve always imagined that when I walk down the aisle to my groom, I’ll look first at this window and thank Christ for being the bridegroom of the Church. Then I’ll look at my groom and thank God for providing an earthly groom.
20. I have a heart for missions, but have never felt called to go anywhere long-term. It kind of bothers me.
21. I hate steak but will eat a piece of bologna with no problem, which makes me a cheap date, I guess. Bright side, people.
22. I didn’t know how to harmonize until I was about 17 years old and now I rarely sing the melody to anything. Maybe God is preparing me to sing with the Gaithers.
23. I buy kids shoes because I have unreasonably small feet. I’m moderately certain it’s why I fall down a lot. There’s just not enough there to balance me.
24. I like to do things that people don’t expect of me. Must be why I got my nose pierced at the age of 27.
25. There is no shame in my game.
No shame = DFF. Woot woot!
ReplyDelete