Secrets Don't Make Friends
It’s Tuesday, I guess. Tuesdays are usually not much to talk about. Except I normally go see a movie for $0.75 on Tuesday nights. We have a slightly (and by slightly I mean extremely) ghetto movie theater in my town that charges a buck-fifty per ticket. But on Tuesdays they slash the price…half off! Woo hoo! Without exception, each screen pretty much has at least one black hole of oblivion, usually right in the center of the screen where the actors' faces should be. And the seats were, by all accounts, made in the 1930s when people were apparently much, much smaller and felt completely comfortable wedging themselves into rock-hard seats for hours at a time. And I generally spend about half of the movie trying to figure out what substance is stuck to the bottom of my shoes. Those things aside, it's loads of fun.
My friend and I usually go see movies that we’re embarrassed to tell people we want to see (i.e. High School Musical 3 for the sixth time) or movies that just didn't look good enough to waste an entire day’s salary on to see it at the “real” theater. Thus, we call it “Secret Movie Tuesday” or S.M.T. for short. I guess we can now change the name to “Public Movie Tuesday,” since I’m telling you about it.
The most exciting thing about S.M.T. is that the theater has the BEST ICEES on the planet. I don’t know how they make them so well, but someone who is employed at the ghetto movie theater of the world is an EXPERT at getting the ICEE machine to work properly. I salute this hard-working employee today because he makes a boring Tuesday just a little bit brighter.
That’s all for now. Have a great Tuesday! I’ll be back tomorrow with a review of…ha, no way. I’m not telling you what we’re seeing. Some things are just sacred.
My friend and I usually go see movies that we’re embarrassed to tell people we want to see (i.e. High School Musical 3 for the sixth time) or movies that just didn't look good enough to waste an entire day’s salary on to see it at the “real” theater. Thus, we call it “Secret Movie Tuesday” or S.M.T. for short. I guess we can now change the name to “Public Movie Tuesday,” since I’m telling you about it.
The most exciting thing about S.M.T. is that the theater has the BEST ICEES on the planet. I don’t know how they make them so well, but someone who is employed at the ghetto movie theater of the world is an EXPERT at getting the ICEE machine to work properly. I salute this hard-working employee today because he makes a boring Tuesday just a little bit brighter.
That’s all for now. Have a great Tuesday! I’ll be back tomorrow with a review of…ha, no way. I’m not telling you what we’re seeing. Some things are just sacred.

Comments
Post a Comment
Thank you for visiting my blog!