Workout Woes

So I’ve had a dilemma of late and I know that all of you out there in Blog Land will be happy to add your two cents. Based on the number of comments I get on this blog, I will probably have a clear answer about what I should do by May.

We have a beautiful YMCA here in my city that is located about a mile from my home. I was a member until several months ago when I started a cash budget and decided to cut out some “unnecessary” expenses. To put it plainly, I quit the gym. I thought I would work out at home. For free. Turns out I don’t work out on my imaginary elliptical machine quite as often as I thought I would. And when I do, the dog gives me funny looks.

There are several things luring me back to the gym. 1) Our YMCA recently started using a sliding scale to assess fees. Because of my meager salary, I can enjoy a rate that is $7 less than what I was originally paying to not workout. 2) My pants don’t fit. 3) It’s winter here, which makes me want to have a nice warm place to workout. My house is not a warm place because I can’t afford heat due to the aforementioned pittance they pay me to write this blog…er, um work.

So…I should rejoin the gym, right? Because I can’t think of a good reason not to. Other than my delicate financial situation. And the fact that I hate to work out. And gas prices are going back up. And there’s that whole bird flu thing. But other than that…

*Disclaimer: If you are reading this and potentially want to date me, please disregard the entire previous post and read the following: I am too busy to join a gym because I’m training for a marathon and all the “running through the snow for hours at a time” has prevented me from my usual in-gym workout. My pants do fit. And they’re six sizes smaller than the last time you saw me. I have loads of discretionary income lying around and mostly donate it to various charities.

So, depending on which post you read and believed, either ask me on a date or give me some encouragement to get my rear-end back to the gym!

Comments

  1. Hahaha! Loved your disclaimer as it reminded me a lot of Dr. T-Rav. You forgot to mention how you volunteer at the Marion House and spend your weekends working with children with disabilities.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate it when the dog disapproves of my activities. She does that quite frequently...mostly when I'm talking to the TV. But I think you should join the gym. And then motivate me to work out. So that I am not wasting my current gym membership.
    Also, I'd ask you on a date, but I'm pretty sure I'm not the one you're after...

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahahhahaha! This is a beautiful post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahahaha!!! Aww Micah!!! You do whatever is best for YOU! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Micah!!! I need some motivation as well!! Wish there was a sure-fire way to make us WANT to work out. If I am going to be going to Disney World in September, I NEED to lose some poundage!
    Don't worry about the dog looking at you, my dogs think it is funny when I use the Wii fit. They almost want to join me.
    If you have more than one offer for a date, let me know!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. No, No, No. There's no need to join the gym. It's still flu season. Getting sick is also a way to drop the pounds. It's cheaper, too. You don't eat, nor do you incur the extra cost of a gym membership. Plus, animals can sense when you're feeling bad, so instead of looking at you funny, they cuddle up next to you in sympathy. So you see, I've solved your problem, saved you money, and restored your dog's opinion of your sanity. Glad to help! Kara Davis

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting my blog!

Popular Posts